Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you desperately needed a shower, but didn't have the time? Maybe you were going to be late for work or your hair was greasy from spending the day at the beach. In any case, dry shampoo is an easy way to get rid of grease and stink without having to take a full shower.
What is Dry Shampoo?
Dry shampoo is a powder that you add to your hair to soak up oil and give it texture. It can also be used to add volume and body, depending on how much you use.
Dry shampoo is especially useful for people with oily hair because it helps reduce the number of times they need to wash their hair every week. This means that dry shampoo reduces drying time, which makes it great for busy people who don’t have time to wait around for their hair to dry after washing it!
When to Use Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is a great way to add volume and texture to your hair. But when should you use it? Here are a few tips.
If you're looking for a quick fix when you haven't washed your hair in a while, dry shampoo is the answer. It's ideal if you have oily hair because it absorbs excess oil and leaves your hair smelling fresh. Dry shampoo can also help absorb sweat, which comes in handy if you're doing strenuous activities like working out or playing sports.
Another great time to use dry shampoo is when you're traveling. Dy shampoo can help keep your hair looking fresh until you can get home again.
Dry shampoo can also give you some extra volume at the roots of your hair when it's grown out from a haircut or style change. This is especially helpful if you've recently gone short and need some extra lift to make sure the ends don't get too weighed down by gravity!
How to Use Dry Shampoo
If you're new to dry shampoo, this is the best way to apply it:
- Use your fingers to apply a small amount of dry shampoo at the roots. For best results, be sure not to overload the hair with the product.
- Work through the hair with your fingers and leave it on for about five minutes before brushing through or combing. If you have long hair, consider using a wide-tooth comb afterward; otherwise, use your hands and fingertips instead!
Dry shampoo is great for adding volume to your hair, but it can also be used to add texture and grit. If you have fine or straight hair, try spraying a little bit on your fingertips and then running them through the ends of your hair. This will give them some lift and help them look thicker!
Common Mistakes to Avoid when using dry shampoo
Avoid these common mistakes to ensure that dry shampoo is an effective tool in your beauty arsenal:
- Don't use too much. You only need a small amount of dry shampoo, so take care not to overdo it by using too much product all at once.
- Avoid applying it to your roots. People often make the mistake of rubbing their fingers through their hair when applying dry shampoo, which can lead to unnecessary buildup on the scalp and cause irritation or breakouts in sensitive areas like the neck or behind ears. Instead, gently dust your scalp with powdery goodness by tapping it onto your head with an open palm (or using an aerosol sprayer that dispenses just enough powder).
- Don't apply before styling your hair. You'll be better off letting it sit on a while after styling so you don't end up with clumps!
- Don't apply too close to your hairline. If you notice that the powdery substance is gathering in the corners of your hair, try not to rub it away. This will only make things worse—you'll just end up depositing even more product onto your scalp! Instead, gently blow on or brush it off with a soft-bristled brush before styling again.
That’s it! Dry shampoo is a great tool to keep in your beauty arsenal, and there are tons of different ways to use it. From refreshing your roots between washes to adding volume to your style, dry shampoo can do wonders for the average person or professional stylist alike.
With these tips in mind, you should be well on your way towards achieving some beautiful results with minimal effort.
The OLY 5-in-1 Hairstyler by Hoppy Beauty can be used right after you apply dry shampoo. Get stylish and healthy-looking locks when you use our hairstyling appliances.